Phoenix Comicon is looking for enthusiastic and responsible individuals to come on board as volunteer staff members. All positions are volunteer. Please scroll through for all open positions that we are currently interviewing for and seek to fill.
Distribution Event Staff - Fan Fest
This is a volunteer position that works with the Street Team Coordinator to create and maintain relationships with local businesses to display and distribute Phoenix Comicon promotional booklets. The Distribution Team Member will make sure that these businesses are kept stocked with materials and seek out event opportunities that Phoenix Comicon could attend to promote our events. Email Antonio.Stetler@phoenixcomicon.com to set up an interview.
Sponsorship Coordinator - Phoenix Comicon
This is a volunteer position for Phoenix Comicon that reports to the Art Manager and works closely with the Director of Marketing, to identify and secure sponsorship opportunities for Phoenix Comicon and possibly Phoenix Comicon Fan Fest. Expected time commitment of 5-10 hours per week.
- Recruit and mentor a team of six to ten event staff to assist with team goals.
- Work collaboratively with your team to craft sponsorship opportunities for Phoenix Comicon and Phoenix Comicon Fan Fest. Opportunities include brand booths & activations, branded integrations, media and content partnerships, and in-kind sponsorships among others.
- Collaborate with your team to develop ideal slate of convention sponsors for each event and serve as primary source of contact to manage process to secure event sponsorship with Phoenix Comicon partners.
- Conduct outreach, build relationships and secure sponsorships with all non-active Phoenix Comicon partners.
- Negotiate key agreement terms.
- Consistently update team members on sponsorship performance to identified metrics for each event.
- Work with manager to create sales and education materials for all events.
- Three or more years of experience in sales required; sponsored sales a plus.
- Excellent communication skills with an emphasis on email etiquette.
- Creative marketing mind with understanding of brands, consumers and social media to help drive event engagement.
- Strong problem solving skills and exceptional organizational skills.
- Tenacious, goal-oriented, outgoing personality and able to work under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail and client satisfaction.
- Demonstrated interest in Phoenix Comicon and Phoenix Comicon Fan Fest.
Please email Marty.Freetage@phoenixcomicon.com with your resume and to set up an interview.