Phoenix Comicon Film Festival 2013
If you have a film or web series that will tap into the collective subconscious of the teeming masses, Phoenix Comicon—the signature pop-culture event of the Southwest—needs you!
Did you and your friends make a steampunk music video? Are you looking for a festival to screen your studio’s latest horror flick or gaming documentary? The Phoenix Comicon Film Festival celebrates all that is pop culture and we’d love to see your submissions! We accept films of any length (from shorts to feature length), type (documentary, fan film, narrative, web series, etc.), and almost any genre(science fiction, steampunk, horror, fantasy, etc.).
The Phoenix Comicon Film Festival is in its ninth year and has been growing steadily since its inception. For the 2012 Film Festival last year, we experienced amazing growth with over 120 submissions from 14 different countries and our submissions from Arizona filmmakers more than doubled! We hope to continue this growth while improving the filmmaker and viewer experience each year.
The Phoenix Comicon Film Festival is primarily a competition film festival and “Best of” recognition is awarded in a number of categories, such as “Best of Festival,” “Best of” each film type, and “Best of” each genre. For 2013 we have added a “Best of Arizona” award category to recognize and support our local Arizona filmmakers. Some of last year’s winners included:
Best Short Film (Less Than 40 Minutes across all genres)
Out Of A Forest (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPtUwjr1czI)
Tobias Gundorff Boesen, Michelle Nardone
Best Feature Length Film (greater than 40 Minutes across all genres)
Ecstasy Of Order: The Tetris Movie (http://ecstasyoforder.com/)
Submissions for the Phoenix Comicon Film Festival will be accepted October 1, 2012 through January 31, 2013. If you’ve submitted before, you may have noticed that we’ve moved up the deadline. This shift was in response to filmmaker feedback that requested more time to plan attendance to Phoenix Comicon should their film be selected. Filmmakers will be informed of their selection status around the end of February 2013.
· There is no entry fee.
· Entrants must identify one person from your team to be the single point of contact for communications with Phoenix Comicon staff.
· Submissions will not be returned, therefore, please do not send your only copy.
· We at Phoenix Comicon are not responsible for any submissions lost or damaged in transit.
· Entrants do not need to attend Phoenix Comicon to be eligible.
· All films will be pre-screened by Phoenix Comicon staff to determine selection.
· Filmmakers will be informed of their selection status around the end of February 2013.
· Selected films receive two full Phoenix Comicon memberships.
· Films will be screened in digital format.
· Films will be shown in a convention setting, not a movie theatre setting.
· Sound quality cannot be guaranteed.
· There will be an awards ceremony during Phoenix Comicon on Sunday.
· Awards include: “Best of Festival,” “Best of” each film type, “Best of” each genre, and “Best of Arizona.”
· The Phoenix Comicon is a family-friendly event and preference will be given to films appropriate for all-ages viewing. Submissions not suitable for all-ages will be considered for late night screenings.
If you have additional questions about the Film Festival contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in submitting a non-competition film, contact email@example.com
To complete the 2013 Film Festival Submission Form, CLICK HERE.