- Exhibitors / Artists
Submissions for the 2014 PCC Music Video Contest must adhere to the following rules:
- Videos must be at least 30 seconds long and no more than 6 minutes long.
- Videos may use any type of footage: Anime/Cartoon, Live-Action Shows (Dr.Who, Star Trek, etc.), Video Games, etc.
- Although pictures may be used, videos must mainly use video sources for their material. A "picture montage" video will not be accepted. If you are unsure of whether or not your video adheres to this guideline, please feel free to send us your Work-In-Progress and we'll be happy to let you know.
- Videos may contain flavorful text, lyrics or anything that pertains to the MV added in by the creator. No subtitles, original credits/logos/watermarks from the original video source shall appear in a MV and will disqualify it.
- Submitted videos must be the original work by the creator and must include personal credits AT THE END OF THE VIDEO.
- MV's submitted must not have been submitted to Phoenix Comicon within the last three (3) years.
The categories this year will be:
Videos are expected to meet a minimum standard of decency, and closely adhere to the guidelines outlined by the MPAA PG-13 rating. More information regarding these guidelines can be found here: http://www.mpaa.org/ratings/what-each-rating-means. Phoenix Comicon is a family-oriented convention, and we reserve the right to decide if submitted material is not suitable for the event.
Any video that does not meet these criteria will be disqualified.
If a submission is disqualified for any reason, we will contact the submitter with the reason for disqualification so that they may have a chance to re-submit before the deadline.
File formats accepted include: AVI, MPEG, MOV, MP4, WMV, MKV
Use codecs generally relating to these file types (ie: Xvid, Divx, H264, etc.) if the file can't be played on a computer with CCCP/K-Lite/XP codec packs installed then use a different codec.
Files must not be larger than 300 MB, and if possible, using widescreen format video sources is recommended but not required.
There will be an Audience Choice award for each category which will be voted on the day of the contest at Phoenix Comicon 2014 by the viewers, as well as a Grand Champion (1st) and Runner-up (2nd) award judged by the PCC MV Judges panel. Judging will be based on overall creativity and effort, how well the video matches the selected music, variety of effects used and how well the MV fits the theme of the category.
Anyone may submit an entry to this contest, but in the event that there are too many submissions to show within the allotted time at the convention we will prioritize the MVs submitted by Phoenix Comicon 2014 attendees to be shown first. In that situation it's possible that MVs submitted by non-attendees will not be considered for audience choice awards, but will still be considered for the overall 1st and 2nd place prizes.
Please contact Ruben.Prado@phoenixcomicon.com with any questions, we'll be looking forward to your submissions! Happy Editing!